NOW REGISTERING NEW STUDENTS
for the 2017-2018 School Year
Registration is for incoming Kindergartners* and students who will be new to Longs Creek during the 2017-2018 school year (Students currently enrolled at Longs Creek do not need to register).
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.June 6th was the last day to register for the 2017-2018 school year until August. Registration will resume on August 7th.
How To Register:
Enrollment will not be final until the following 2 steps are completed:
Thank you! Welcome to Longs Creek!
from our principal, Glenn Forde
As this is our last “Ranch Hand Reminders” for the 2016-2017 school year, we would like to start by saying thank you. This has been another wonderful year at Longs Creek and we would not have experienced the success we had this year without your unwavering support. It has been a true honor and privilege to work with your children every single day.
Reminders for our last week include:
- Monday, May 29 – Student/Staff Holiday
- Tuesday, May 30 – Kinder Awards (9:00-10:00 – cafeteria)
- Wednesday, May 31 – 3rd Grade Picnic Lunch (playground); 5th Grade Awards Ceremony (5:45-7:00 – cafeteria)
- Thursday, June 1 – Report Cards Distributed; LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
While we understand that the kindergarten awards ceremony is a celebratory moment for families, we will support the district’s decision to not allow secondary level students on campus during this time. Also, we will not be able to pull 1st-5th students from classroom instruction/activities to attend the ceremony. We appreciate your support in this matter.
Please, read a letter from Dr. Dow, Chief Instructional Officer, explaining the STAAR assessments and find the availability of scores and an outline of the 2017 STAAR performance labels and descriptors below.
I hope you all have a safe, fun, and relaxing summer!
Glenn Forde, Principal
Genaro Mendoza, Assistant Principal
2017 STAAR Performance Labels and Descriptors
- Does Not Meet Grade Level. Students at this level have not passed since performance at this level indicates students are unlikely to succeed in the next grade or course without significant, ongoing academic intervention. Students in this category do not demonstrate a sufficient understanding of the assessed knowledge and skills.
- Approaches Grade Level. Students at this level have met the assessment requirements for purposes of Student Success Initiative grade promotion and are considered to have met at least the minimum passing standard. Students in this category generally demonstrate the ability to apply the assessed knowledge and skills in familiar contexts and are likely to succeed in the next grade or course with targeted academic intervention.
- Meets Grade Level. Students at this performance level have a high likelihood of success in the next grade or course but may still need some short-term, targeted academic intervention. Students in this category generally demonstrate the ability to think critically and apply the assessed knowledge and skills in familiar contexts.
- Masters Grade Level. Students at this level are expected to succeed in the next grade or course with little or no academic intervention. Students in this category demonstrate the ability to think critically and apply the assessed knowledge and skills in varied contexts, both familiar and unfamiliar.
2017 Performance Label
Previously Known As:
Did Not Meet Grade Level*
Level I – Unsatisfactory Performance
Approaches Grade Level
Level II – Met Standard
Meets Grade Level
Level II Final – Panel-Recommended Standard
Masters Grade Level
Level III – Advanced Standard
*Students at this level have not met the assessment requirements for purposes of Student Success Initiative grade promotion and have not met the minimum passing standard.